Garfield Refining is pleased to announce the winner of our Holiday Gold Giveaway Contest, Hillary W. of New York City. Hillary is the winner of one of several giveaways that Garfield Refining has planned throughout 2014. As the winner, she will receive a grand prize of $1,000 worth of gold and silver coins from Garfield Refining.
Hillary took time out to graciously answer a few questions and tell us a little about herself. A freelance editor, Hillary does not work within the gold industry, but, does have an eye for fine jewelry. Like many of our visitors, customers, and clients, she has a desire to learn more about the value of gold and the gold refining process, and we’re thrilled to hear an outside perspective on how people view the gold market and which aspects of it they find the most interesting..
Please keep an eye out for future contests from Garfield Refining.
1. What is your current profession?
Hillary W.: I currently work as a freelance editor.
2. How did you discover the Holiday Gold Giveaway?
Hillary W.: I found out about the giveaway through a friend on Facebook.
3. What was your initial reaction to the giveaway?
Hillary W.: I thought it was a great concept for a giveaway – a very unusual and interesting prize. I have always been interested in coin collecting, but didn’t really know how to get started.
4. Do you own any gold or precious metals besides the coins from the giveaway? If so, in what form are they? If not, why not?
Hillary W.: I own gold and silver jewelry such as necklaces, bracelets and rings. I hope to add to my collection in the future.
5. What would you like to do with the $1000 worth of coins you have won?
Hillary W.: I will hold on to the coins, and let them grow in value. This is just the first step in my gold collection.
6. What movie(s) can you think of that has a plot involving gold?
Hillary W.: The Treasure of the Sierra Madre – it’s a classic.
7. Do you like jewelry? If so, who is your favorite designer and what product do you like the most?
Hillary W.: I am great lover of jewelry. I really like David Yurman’s designs. I am currently coveting the Cable Classics Pave Tip Bracelet with Diamonds.
8. Would you rather own a new set of gold earrings or a 1 pound lump of pure gold?
Hillary W.: I’m ever the pragmatist and would probably take the 1 lb lump!
9. What is your opinion on all the “cash for gold” advertisements out there?
Hillary W.: These ads speak to how valuable gold is right now. I believe in doing your research. If an establishment has a good reputation, then it can be worth your while to check it out and sell your gold.
10. Why do you think gold is considered valuable?
Hillary W.: Gold glitters and sparkles. It is pleasing to the eye. Human beings love beautiful things, so gold will probably always have intrinsic value.